WCT Fairfield maintains a high level of Covid Protocols to keep Staff and it’s members as Covid Free as possible. We ask that families do their part as well to keep our dojang a fun, safe, healthy environment.
Our current protocols are as follows:
● WCT training areas, equipment, office and student cubbies cleaned and sanitized daily with hospital grade disinfectant and disinfected multiple times throughout scheduled classes
● All staff and students are required to wear a mask inside the studio, in the office, during tkd classes and during elite training sessions
● Masks provided if a member forgets their own mask, or if mask needs replacing
● All use hand sanitizer, after washing their hands and before entering the training dojang.
● All bring their own water bottles labeled with names as hallway water fountain is off limits for TKD students
● High level air purifier is on throughout the day and during classes.
● Windows are kept open during TKD classes and while staff is working.
● CDC & CT State Covid Guidelines monitored and posted in the studio
● All staff fully vaccinated and have received the Covid Booster
● All Junior Instructors are fully vaccinated
● Majority of our students and families are Covid vaccinated in accordance with CDC Protocols
● TKD Classes offered with a Limited # of students for On-Site Classes
● Students register for TKD Classes
● Training mats are marked with white tape to ensure appropriate distance among students during TKD Classes
● TKD class water break times are staggered and separated to limit student contact.
● Physical training space is divided into 3 separate areas - large dojang, small stretching area and small dojang.
● CDC and CT State Recommendations for Covid Protocols available for viewing in studio, and sent via e-mail communications on an as-needed basis
● Information posted about correct procedures for mask wearing, washing hands, social distancing, latest CT State updates.
● All new or potential members are asked to watch a short video of “What to Do before entering the WCT Studio.”
● Self-assess child at home if your child is not feeling well
● Parents inform the Office Manager and keep their child home if they are not feeling
well, or if they have been exposed to Covid
● Students arrive only 5 minutes before your tkd class.
● Walk your child to the WCT outside windows, and wait with your child until greeted by the Master
● Parents remind their child(ren) to wash hands prior to entering the studio
● Parents are asked not to come into the studio without an appointment
● Parents view TKD classes from outside windows.
● Parents make an appointment to meet with the Office Manager
● Parents are asked to make sure your child understands how to socially distance
● Parents are asked to clearly label names on all water bottles, sparring equipment, and jackets
● Parents are asked to disinfect all sparring gear and equipment after each class and leave out to air dry.