youth & adult programs
World Champion Taekwondo, Fairfield CT
Through Taekwondo training, we strive to develop the full potential of our students, enabling them to embrace the challenges of life more successfully while setting the highest standard of excellence.
Our classes are a combination of discipline, respect, and fun.
Master Kwangjin Ha
Master Kwangjin Ha
OWNER/HEAD MASTER OF WORLD CHAMPION TAEKWONDO – FAIRFIELD, CT
- Master KJ Currently holds 5th Degree Black Belt from Kukkiwon, the Taekwondo Headquarter in South Korea.
- Graduate of UCONN Business School – BS in Business and Technology
- Graduate of Fairfield HS 1999
- 2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023 USA National Gold Medalist,
- Official USA National Team Member since 2013 to 2023(current)
- Bronze Medalist at World Poomsae Championship ~ Taipai- 2018
- Bronze Medalist at World Poomsae Championship ~ Korea 2022
- Medalist in US OPEN – Las Vegas 2013 to current 2023
- Trains over 200 Students to USA National Championship since 2010
- 8 athletes became USA National Team
- Certified USA Taekwondo Referee Chairman 2020,2021,2022
- Connecticut State Head Coach since 2010 to present(2023)
- President and Coach at UCONN TKD Team: 2002 and 2003
- Two time Silver Medalist for the flyweight division in sparring at Yale University World Taekwondo League: 2003 and 2004
- Member of World Champion Taekwondo Master Demonstration Team
- Teach TKD to Public and Private schools in Fairfield since 2009 to present – Great Beginning Montessori School, Huntridge Montessori School, Dwight Elementary School, Riverfield Elementary School, Burr Elementary School, Holland Hill Elementary School, Mill Hill Elementary, Roger Sherman Elementary, CCDC, Fairfield Hunt Club, Brooklawn Country Club, InSports Trumbull, Christian Heritage School in Trumbull, St Catherine School in Trumbull,
- Talented in teaching students of special needs of all ages and abilities
Master Gunsoo Kim
Master Gunsoo Kim
MASTER OF WORLD TAEKWONDO – MONROE, CT
Graduated from the University of Bridgeport, Bachelor’s Degree in Martial Arts, 2017. Loves teaching taekwondo to all ages and abilities.
1st place in U.S open world Taekwondo Poomsae Championship in 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 male under 30 individual
3rd place in Mexico Open World Taekwondo Poomsae Championship - Male Under 30 team
Head coach of the University of Bridgeport Taekwondo team 2017
WCT United Poomsae Team Coach Taekwondo Tricking Instructor
Holds 4th degree Black Belt World Taekwondo Federation ~ Kukkiwon Certification
Benefits of Taekwondo
One of the main benefits of taekwondo is improving your strength and balance. This martial art utilizes your core and leg strength while working on your flexibility and agility. Taekwondo can also help greatly improve coordination and endurance.
World Champion Taekwondo of Fairfield is dedicated to empowering you with the confidence and self-esteem needed to succeed in everyday life. Taekwondo can bring out the positive qualities that have always been a part of you, whether an inner calm, positive mental attitude, patience, or self-discipline.
Taekwondo will help you overcome fear, anger, and self-doubt and leave you feeling confident in any situation.
Our Taekwondo Community
In Taekwondo, students are taught how to help each other out in class. Whether that be to help hold boards to break or targets for you to kick even to be sparring partners. By creating a bond of trust and reciprocation, you and your sparring partner can then practice various kicking combinations on each other and see how to make things work.
Members at World Champion Taekwondo of Fairfield have become close friends and helped each other reach their goals.